Tuesday, April 22, 2014

An Affair With Off-Whites & Nudes

Having been caught up in a frenzy between work, personal commitments and Easter, I have been in & out of my home crazy. The sweltering Mumbai heat did not make it any easy. Each time I stepped out, I wished I had more whites & nude colours in my wardrobe. Just laying eyes on these colours is so cooling!
 
 
Easter Sunday, a day when I had to really dress up and step out was the worst! I think somewhere in my head, I have already started planning and designing an ensemble in a nude shade for next Easter, or any occassion that comes in between during this summer season.
 
Okay having cribbed enough about the weather, here is my take on the nude palette ensemble.
 
As seen above, a nude colored top with a statement neckpiece. Could be paired with jeans or even linen pants. Cool, chic & comfortable.
 
If you can't figure out the jewellery, always have a tan bag in your wardrobe. They complement the whites, off-whites, soft colors well and give that stylish edge on a very sunny day.
 
Off-White flats - it's an affair your feet can never get out of.
 
Nude pumps are a must have this summer



White Linen pants. If you don't own a pair, you just don't know what you are missing. Those who do have these, cannot dispute the comfort levels of these genius trousers on that summer afternoon. When worn right, they can pass off at a cocktail evening, a casual coffee, at work, a business meeting....the opportunities and places to wear these are limitless.
The Perfect look - pastels with nudes
 
An off-white Fedora...grab all the attention

 
If you do wanna pair up with a warm colour. Do it right as seen in the picture above.
 
These days if I have to step out, I have stopped looking at the warm colours in my wardrobe and am forever working out combinations around the nudes, pastels and off-whites. One doesn't need to have a number of apparels to get a different look each time. All you got to do is mix, remix, dig-out your accessories and you will get a new look each day. Try it this summer. You sure will go the cool way, I promise :).


No comments:

Post a Comment