Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Confused mornings

Each morning I wake up with my list of things to do. I have been designing jewellery for more than a year now and each time I sit to work my way around the stones (I design primarily in precious & semi-precious stones), I get interruptions galore. I sometimes wonder, am I just a bad planner or do I really have so much on my plate. Thankfully I have some wonderful clients to my credit, who give me the time and space to work out the best possible designs for them. My tag line each time I hand them over a finished product is - I don't believe in the word "clients", these are relationships I am building along the way.
It's just one of those days today where I am feeling so bogged down that I have no clue where to start. And to come up with designs, is a far far away thought. I guess this is one of the primary reasons I love to keep flowers in every possible corner of my room as they inspire me to think colors, beauty and designs.
Every piece designed is individual and hence getting the mental block out is crucial to my work. There is so much to do and so little time...and I hate to ramble on. So after penning down these lines, I hope to get some stuff done and some out of the way today. But at the end of it all, I must say, I love what I do.
 
The grainy click below is from a phone camera.
 
 

Self-inspirational pic from my home


No comments:

Post a Comment