Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring Collection

"Spring is the time of plans and projects" - Leo Tolstoy, Anne Karenina.

I simply love colors. Just the splash of it around me lifts my moods in more ways than one. Needless to say, that spring time is one of my favorite designing times of the year. You just "spring" from one color to another and no matter what is the end result, it all just turns out so very beautiful.
 
A little secret I would share though, I was forever selecting clothes, footwears, upholstery, accessories in earthly colors or colors of black, white and grey. I would go shopping and just go around picking out all things in these shades. I guess this was majorly influenced by working in the NGO sector for so many years. I still can't believe myself, when that voice in my head says, "You are a jewellery designer now...you gotto think colors from now on".
 
Being a designer in indian stones was never a conscious decision. I once read somewhere, "work grows out of other work, and then there are few eureka moments". I found my eureka moment one fine day :) and I have to thank my family and friends who believed that I could do this. Their belief only strengthened my persuasion for designing.
 
Very soon I plan to do a couple of courses, furthering my newly found expertise but for now, here are a few pictures of what I am currently working on....

One of my favorite designs - hand painted pendant tulip pendant+peridot+carnelians
 
The post would be incomplete without this photo. My green plants in full bloom.

Flowers actually help me create designs

Play of colours


Peridot + Peridot Pendant

 

No comments:

Post a Comment